Saturday, March 23, 2013

The Rice Goddess

Hola darlings!

Okay, yes, I know, I've been neglecting you all, again.  I've been busy with - dare I say it? - decorating!  Yes, the Celadon Curse has once again descended in full force upon Maison Newton.  Not, mind you, that I actually have a damn thing in this house that is true celadon.  Nope - shades of teal, turquoise, robin's egg blue, marine blue, seafoam green, sky blue and aqua grace the back of the house now as accents (and a beautiful wool area rug that, alas, is not the right color, but it's not going back because I didn't open it up out of it's packaging until a few weeks ago, a year since I bought it at overstock.com), but not a speck of true celadon do I see.  Arggggh!

Well, that's another story and not one for here.  Suffice to say, though, that in one of those synchronicitous events that have blessed (?) my life for years (particularly since the advent of Goddesschess), earlier today while hunting down celadon inspiration I came across a wonderful blog filled with interesting things.  While there, I continued to read a little and came across this most fascinating information about the rice goddess, and a rice god, too.  A rice god? 

Rice Gods and Rice Goddesses

Photo from India Pied-a-Terre, link above to post.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...