Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

It was a beautiful day here today (finally - no really decent weather since that 80 degree freako day in March) and I took full advantage by going to the local garden center along with about 10,000 other people, I swear to goddess, geez!  Those people should have been with their mothers!

$115 later I got my purchases home and fired up the lawn mower.  Good ol' Craftsman it's going strong after several years and still on the same damn sparkplug - I bought it in 2002!  I don't know how to change the oil so I just dump more in from time to time; ditto with gasoline.  LOL!

The grass looks like crap.  Last year was particularly hard on the blue grass and most of it died, both front yard and back yard.  Well, welcome to global climate change.  What took over is a broad-leaf impossible to cut shit grass (something like bunch grass) that I hate, hate, HATE!  There are still large patches of dead where nothing is growing except nascent dandelions.  Crap! 

So last week the lawn service comes out - I just happened to have taken a day off that day - and I see a dude wheeling a pusher with stuff in it.  He did the backyard and presumably the front yard too because there with the plastic wants with the white warning labels posted about pesticide or whatever being applied.  Except the stuff hasn't done anything to kill the clover/dandelions/picky burrs/plantain/ground ivy, etc. during the last week plus it's been down on the ground.  Hello!  You can imagine the telephone call I'm going to make tomorrow from the office, darlings...

Clouds blew in later this afternoon as I planted the first three of six white geraniums I bought into a planter for my front porch - they are little and so cute :)  I'll do the rest tomorrow night, I just ran out of steam today.  Don't know if it will storm out tonight or not - we need rain, which is ironic considering how much we got while I was in Las Vegas a few scant weeks ago, but hardly a drop since despite lots of predictions for precipitation.  Crap ass weather.  Global warming weather and Nazi politicos have taken over the state - can't wait to get the hell out of here.  6.5 years more years to go to full retirement age...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...