Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Chile Miner No. 31 Just Reached the Surface

OHMYGODDESS!  I, along with millions of other people, have been watching news reports off and on all day at the office and now here at home this evening.  I just watched miner 31 rescued.  The rescue team above-ground and below-ground have got it down to a science now and the speed of the rescue has increased enormously since I saw the very first one last night, shortly after 10:00 p.m. local time.  Wow - incredible.  It's just incredible watching it.  I know it is real, I know it is live, and yet - there is something so 'otherworld' about what I see happening on the screen.

Soon everyone that is still in the mine space below will be out - including five rescue workers who went down intermittently starting with the first one last night.

For 24 hours, the world was united in willing a successful rescue of those miners and the men who went down into that mine to help.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...